Wednesday, February 9, 2011

8:53am

Anyone who knows me knows that I carpool to work every morning. But anyone who REALLY knows me also knows that when I need to get out the door at 8:30a, I'm typically out by 8:36a and then some. It's okay if I'm the only one effected by my tardiness between the hours of 8-9a, but it's not ok when Kate, my carpool bestie, has to deal with my lateness, too.

This morning I was just about 5 minutes behind schedule and was walking to my car while thinking of how to explain to Kate why I was running late. I wasn't sure she'd accept "I couldn't get my top knot right! It will never happen again." when before I know it, I fall @ss over tea-kettle in the snow. What's funniest is I had my keys in one hand, coffee in the other. Mid-fall some part of me decides to quite literally chuck my keys across the alley, so I end up on my knees with my arms criss-crossed in front of me. Don't worry - coffee still perfectly in tact. After I text Kate explaining I had to lick my wounds before getting in the vehicle (I'm now 15 minutes behind), (Sorry K8) I get behind the wheel and in an attempt to turn left/West on Speer, an ambulance comes from behind forcing me to awkwardly go straight/turning East. After navigating my way through the One Ways, I finally get back on the right track Invesco. At this point, probably a good 23 minutes behind schedule. (I'm really, really sorry K8) I cant help but think it was someone's way of telling me to leave my hair, outfit and shoes the way it was the first time, don't hover around the morning news as much, and leave the house when you are supposed to because 5 minutes late can quickly turn into 23 minutes late in the blink of an eye.

The good news is the mountains looked killer from the 8th Avenue Bridge this morning. Always a silver lining, right?







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment