Monday, November 5, 2012

So...it's November.

Whowhatwherewhenwhyhow did that happen?!  You are as confused as I am?  Phew - confusion loves company. I feel like I was kind of a scrooge for the month of October.  And by kind of I mean I ignored any and all blog posts about Pumpkin recipes, apple picking, house decorating and everything in between.  In years past I've done at least ONE awesome fall/October activity to feel like an American.  But this year?  The most Fall/American I got was buying a pumpkin spice latte.  And that was in September.  Say it with me: Ultimate Fail.

Let's go on a little trip together down memory lane to feel more festive.

Mary's 1st Annual Halloween party in 2009



Octoberfest in Breckenridge.  Yum.

Pumpkin patch with my dearest friend Eric who was in town visiting from MN!



I had the best time last year having my girls over with a pot of chili on the stove top, scary movies playing in the background with a fun little arts and crafts project for all!






There were some curve-balls thrown my way this time around that I really didn't see coming, so I don't want to beat myself up too much over my lack of October celebrating.  The good news is even though I failed on the October fall front, we've got Thanksgiving right around the corner, and Christmas following straightaway after.  It's time to start thinking of homemade ornament gifts, my gift wrapping theme and one hell of a list of things to be thankful for this month...because my goodness there is plenty.

November, I commit to you more pots of soup than we know what to do with, snapping pictures of leaves like it's my j-o-b, nights 100% dedicated to holiday card design, finishing crocheting my afghan and starting my 2nd baby blanket, bread bowl making for the gobs of soup we'll be making, Sunday's dedicated solely to football watching and wearing less whites, blues and pinks and more oranges, browns and greens.

Bring it, Nov.  Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment