Thursday, July 28, 2011

Love letter.

I know I don't get mushy on this blog very often...but these two girls are worth the mush. I'll try and keep it short and sweet as to not gross out and lose any of my precious 4 followers.


Dear Miss and Heather,

Thank you for being my friends.

Missy. Oh my sweet girl. We only got to work together for a few short months, but in those months - you allowed me to grow not just as a designer, but as a person. I miss looking over at you and singing "Isn't she Lovely?" while you laugh, and throw Sunbunny my way to shut me up. I miss our creative brains working together to defy all past Vanity design guidelines to provide them with Seasons like they have never seen them before. Where you have taken Vanity since I left 4 short years ago, I am still in awe. You are the best thing that has ever happened to that place, and I will stand by that until the day I die. You will never know what a creative genius you are as a designer, photographer and friend. I so desperately regret the initial way you found out I was moving. And I am still sorry about that. Not a day has gone by where I don't look at my Beth Angel still sitting on my desk, smile and know through the miles, we will be forever friends. I love you always.

Heather, we NEVER even worked together - can you even believe it?! The first time I met you was for probably only 3 minutes during the first time I came back to Fargo after moving and surprised Missy by sitting in my old desk aka your desk. You were so sweet to go along with the plan. (Of course I ruined it by parking my sister's car in the only spot at Vanity NO ONE ever parks in, so she knew straight away.) Then I met you a second time when I came back into the office after Morgan's funeral and I knew you were a good soul because we didn't even know each other, but you were crying just listening to me talk about Morgs. Of course we got to spend more time together that weekend which now looking back on it, curved your and Tom's future more than we could have ever guessed. JT Cigaro's, BWW, fireworks, your handsome husband, Tracy...laughter for days. You and your inquiring mind about my life in CO did get my wheels turning about why you'd want to know, but I never wanted to get my hopes up. Now here we sit with our lives and carreers in Colorado, making plans a week out, and 3 months out. I smile I wouldn't change you for the world.


Thank you two for our emails that I look forward to everyday.
Thank you two for sharing your success stories, and life ups and downs.
Thank you for allowing me to do the same, and providing support when I need it most, but least expect it.
You two are my angels. Thank you for being you.
B.


No comments:

Post a Comment