Thursday, March 5, 2015

To my sister on her birthday.

March 5th brings me an unmeasurable amount of joy.  Year after year after year I wake up and notice extra sunshine, joy and kindness in the day.  It's always been a day to reflect on how much love my sister Katie has brought to my life.  It is a day to remember the years and years of sunshine that radiated from my life simply by knowing her.  It's a day to pause a little more than usual and be thankful for having this strong, determined and loving sister in my life.  In full disclosure it also comes with a fair amount of pain and sadness from being distanced both mentally and physically from Kate but that doesn't take away from the immense amount of love that I have for her.  That I will always have for her.  My life has a big ugly black hole that has come from missing my sister.  A hole that can only be filled with her love.  I have hope that someday the hole will be filled again.  

---

To my sister on her birthday,

I hope you always remember how much you are loved.  Truly loved.  I hope you remember how cherished you were yesterday.  How cherished you are today.  How cherished you will be tomorrow.  I hope you know whenever and wherever that I will always be here for you.  I am so lucky to know you and to have been molded by your strength and guidance my entire life.  

I love you.  I love you.  I love you.
Buff

No comments:

Post a Comment