Wednesday, April 16, 2014

reminiscing :: leap of faith.

Exactly a year ago today we loaded 5 rubbermaid bins into Hunter's truck (3 full of camping supplies and only 2 of our clothes + quilts + necessary kitchen appliances.  Classic Madfield.), 3 bikes and a set of luggage and shipped off for Bremerton.  I am feeling a twinge of excitement and adventure today reminiscing about it all.  My heart is feeling so, so many things.  It is feeling pride in remembering the hardships that were faced, the risks we took, the friendships we made & the hundreds of thousands of memories that we created.  It is also feeling comfort and ease looking around at the life we have built for ourselves here in Steamboat.  A life of simple pleasures, an abundance of friends and family, a really fantastic daily routine mixed with weekend and evening adventures.  I can easily and without a moment's hesitation say that I am not the same person I was 52 weeks ago and that I love the person that our little leap of faith has lead me to be.  I love the bond that was strengthened between Hunter and I.

::photo of us on our trip from co to wa taken from my instagram account::

Today I am celebrating risk, love, growth and adventure.  Join me?
Cheers, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously swear we are the EXACT . SAME . PERSON . I was literally just thinking yesterday about how OUR 1 year anniversary of picking up and moving to California is right around the corner and all the feelings I feel about it. And you pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. I feel so nostalgic for our time in California and miss it terribly, but at the exact same time I am so happy to be here back home with everything falling into place. Ah, isn't life crazy! I am so happy to have someone who always knows exactly what I'm feeling! Happy Friday, friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete