Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I'ma Cook You.

In the summer months, I tend to find around 3-5 quick, easy and deeelicious meals that I cycle through week after week.  I've been pinning vegan recipes more than usual lately but have been shying away from trying anything new because A) If it ain't broke, don't fix it and B) Lately, I'd rather be out on my mountain bike slash at happy hour slash reading in the backyard by the creek than spending time indoors.  That being said, I'm making this list more as a mental list to myself to help keep me accountable on expanding my cooking skillz and to quit eating homemade frozen burritos everyday for lunch { but they are sooooo good! }.

SO! - this summer, I commit to making:

1//Sauerkraut
2//Quick Pickled Veggies
3//Granola and eventually graduating to
4//Homemade Granola Bars
5//Noodle Salad/Vermicelli Bowl eventually graduating to
6//Bahn mi
7//Vegetable Tamales
8//Deconstructed Sushi Bowls
9//Everything Bagels

Spoiler Alert: I actually made the sauerkraut 2 weekends ago now and it's fermenting away in the pantry!  PATIENCE is not for sauerkraut and/or caramelized onion chefs.  Just FYI. 



And yes, Phil, I understand that a few of those listed above are the unconventional ways of making a classic dish. Read: No meat in a bahn mi sandwich and a spin on sushi without fish.  GASP.  
I assure you...it'll be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment