Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday Rambles.

I thought about writing a Sweet Season post, but didn't look forward to getting halfway through, running out of things to say and abandoning it.  I  also thought about writing a Currently post but, didn't look forward to getting half way through, running out of things to say and abandoning it.  So instead?  I ramble.  Lucky youuuuu!

I'm trying out a new coffee shop in our neighborhood, Tenn Street Coffee.  I've got a piping hot cup of tea next to me and am wondering if the shelfs after shelfs of books are for check out?  Borrow?  Purchase?  Visual stimulation?  All of the above?  We spent the past weekend in Denver enjoying seeing old friends, new brunch places, feeling back at home at big tailgates, and soaking up the deliciously warm fall weather.  We had a 24 hour trip up to Snowy so Hunter could brew some brew and I could wrap up a few projects I had started.  We got back to Denver last night and ran straight to Root Down for a scrumptious dinner with Hunter's dad!  There are a dozen reasons why it's one of my favorite restaurants in Denver, but they point back to so many fun happy hours/dinners/brunches with so many fun friends over so many fun years.  I was thrilled at the chance to share it with two people who had never been there before!  This morning I busted out 3 miles....not the best and not the worst run I had ever had, but the temps were high and that is what kept my spirits up until the end.

I've been thinking a lot about the past, present and future.  Thinking back to so many situations that directed me right here.  Right now.  With Hunter.  Happy as a clam at high tide.  Slightly unemployed, slightly thriving with freelance work.  It's always a trip seeing people you worked with in a big time corporate setting for 5+ years.  I am a firm believer in the phrase "Different strokes for different folks" and while I understand that disciplined 9a-5p setting works for most...lots in fact!  it's just so blazingly clear to me that it just isn't my cup of tea.  I'll take a morning filled with blue skies, enjoying a post run banana on the porch with the pooch, whipping up a few green smoothies + a salad + QT time with that boyfriend of mine and enjoying my own cup of tea on my own terms.

Good lord that was corny.

But true!

I leave on Monday for a week in California and couldn't be more excited.  I truly think my mom takes some sort of hosting holiday crack pill because that woman does not miss a beat when it comes to providing a warm, friendly and delicious holiday week.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't also thrilled about early afternoons spent playing cards at the wineries, but I'm equally thrilled to enjoy earlier mornings helping my mom get all the food prepared, tables set and drinks poured.

I'll miss the opening weekend of Snowy Range's ski season as they open the day after Thanksgiving, but I'm just not ready to give up the holiday's with my family yet.  My loud, insane, hilariously beautiful family.

I thought about including some photos I've snapped recently but I'm keeping with the theme of random. NOT including photos in a post is extremely random, so there you have it.

Happy Wednesday, my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment