Saturday, January 19, 2013

Drive. Read. Ski. Repeat.

Denver Friday-Sunday.  Steamboat Sunday-Monday.  Snowy Monday-Thursday { with day trips to Laramie on each of those days }.  Steamboat Thursday-Saturday.  It's really no wonder I've been reading as many books as I have { I'm on my 3rd in a week! }, but we've been spending a lot of time in the car.  I me and my book worm self don't mind it one bit, however my bum knee is screaming at me to stay still for a bit.  I'll listen...until Tuesday that is when it's back to Denver until Thursday, THEN EAST COAST FOR A WEEK!!!!  Do you hear me, Amie?!  A WEEK!

I was finally able to get into a PT for my knee, and turns out a silly rollerblading accident I had SIX YEARS AGO { so much screaming in this post }, had rattled my hips, tailbone and pelvis, leading them to not heal correctly.  The whole thing came to a head over Thanksgiving when I was doing innocent lunges/jump-roping and the knee was just sick of overcompensating already and gave up on me.  I tried to power through for nearly 2 months, but I just had enough and caved to finally go see someone about it.  A last minute PT appointment lead to a second trip to Steamboat in a week { I'm not complaining! }.  Hunter got to ski the mountain half a day, I had a series of PT appointments, with a side of library time.  Yesterday we had the most relaxing and leisurely morning.  Me drinking coffee, cuddled up reading while icing my knee, him putzing around on the internet with bluegrass music in the background.  We rented some cross country skis, and headed up to the pass for 3 hours of cross country skiing!  I was at a bit of a disadvantage as I couldn't plant my right leg/ski as well as I could my left.  Which possibly lead to a complete meltdown { or 8 } laying in the snow completely and utterly irritated at myself.  Thankfully Hunter has seen that mood before, and knew exactly how to react.  God love his calm and patient soul.  Regardless, it was such a beautiful, calm and relaxing afternoon.  Sadly, I have quite a handful of photos on my phone, but the only ones I'm able to post right now are from my Instagram.  So fellow Instagram followers, forgive the repetition!  Once I get a few minutes in Denver, I'll be sure to post way, way more.  You have my word.  Cheers, friends!

My happy spot in Steamboat!
Listening to random coffee shop advice.
It was the first time we had to use an alarm in about a month and a half, but it was worth it to see the sunrise on the mountains!
Scene: 5pm.  Beth reading.  Hunter relaxing.  Beth to Hunter "Hunter?  I kinda want a martini."  BOOM.  Martini in my face.  And a damn good one at that!

The most fun Friday I've had in ages!  We don't go on the trail.  We?  We make our own trail.

Friday Superduperfunday.



1 comment:

  1. hiiiiiiiiii i went on here today and saw my name!! yay meeeeeeeee. you get to come see meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete