Sunday, February 13, 2011

My wanted it, so my taked it.

If you've ever enjoyed an adult beverage (or 15) with myself and really anyone in my extended family, there is a strong chance you've heard 1 (or 193) rather embarrassing stories about my childhood.  I'm not going to go into "Turn on the hallway!!!" or the reason my entire family has called me Buff for the better part of 20 years.  However, the "My wanted it, so my taked it" story pops in my head when I sit down to write out my Sunday Wish List.
It was the holiday season and I was probably no more than 3 years old.  My mom was finishing up sending out our Holiday cards when I was begging and pleading for the stickers she was using the seal up the envelopes.  She told me once (fine 10) time(s) that once she was done with all the cards, I could have the remainder of the stickers.  Well, being the instant gratification person I was (and still am), I simply could not wait until she was finished to have those stickers.  Next thing my mom knows, she turns the corner to see me with my little (chubby) 3 year old linebacker build, covered head. to. toe. in holiday stickers.  As my mom is fighting back laughter she asks "BETH ANN SUMMERFIELD.  WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE STICKERS?" I reply with a simple "My wanted it, so my taked it."

My Sunday Wish List:
I wish I could snap my fingers and my apartment would be rid of every cute little kitty white hair, kitty litter mess, dust and dirty socks hiding under the sofa.
I wish I could sit and make my Valentine's while enjoying the breeze kicking back my curtains and sending the Spring air through my (what would be) freshly cleaned apartment.
I wish I had remembered to set the timer of when I got back from doing my 2nd load of laundry so I don't have to guesstamate when I need to go back and switch my towels from washer/dryer.
But really?  I wish my mom was here with  me so we could sit and giggle about my life-or-death dire need for those Holiday stickers 20+ years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment