Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Best Friend’s Wedding :: Saturday Morning/Noon

{Yes, yes – this day has to be split up into sections because there is just too much to say. Truthfully I could do a separate post on JUST the breakfast we ordered to the room, but that seems a bit excessive.}

I woke up Saturday morning feeling 100% like a anchovy squished in a can considering I was the lucky one who got to sleep in the middle. In all fairness, Gina had started out in the middle the weekend before at the bachelorette party, but woke up with me spooning her and needed to pee {so she says, I think she just didn’t care for the 4am embrace} and then Jaime got pushed to the middle, so really it was my turn. Right when I woke up, Gina comes skipping out of the bathroom {no seriously, she was skipping} and cuddles back in bed exclaiming, yet whispering as to not wake up Jaime: “BETH! This is THE nicest hotel I HAVE EVER STAYED IN! I JUST CHECKED MY EMAIL IN THE BATHTUB. IT’S HUGE!!!!” I think it was the bathtub comment that {confused} woke up Jaime which then gave Gina and I the go ahead to each grab a wall of curtains and countdown to open them at the same time. The views was pretty stellar, not going to lie. One of the windows opened up to the Four Seasons Hotel, to which there were two men already in the pool at 8am. Jaime and Gina were content with simply waving to them, where I wanted to flash them SO badly. Classless? Probably – but haven’t you ALWAYS wanted to do that?! I know I have. I digress. We brewed some coffee and all cuddled back into bed where we took our Before pictures. {We are all well aware at how naturally beautiful we all are and how really the hair and makeup was totally pointless as we could have walked down the aisle looking just like this and no one would have been any the wiser.}










{Totes joking, BTW.} The only thing is that we forgot to take the After pictures, but you’ll get the idea with the few pix I do have on my phones.
We decided to treat ourselves to breakfast from Restaurant Kevin Taylor downstairs, {which would end up being one of the best decisions we made all weekend}.
http://www.ktrg.net/rkt/
James got their Oatmeal with Cinnamon Brown Sugar and Sliced Bananas with half fresh squeezed grapefruit/orange juice, Gina got their Spinach, Fontina and Mushroom Frittata with Parmesan Potatoes with grapefruit juice, while I got their Skirt Steak and Eggs with Arugula, Tomato, Salsa Verde, Ciabatta with orange juice! {Holy toledo, my mouth is watering just remembering it all!} We sat in bed, eating, swooning and sampling each other’s the food for God only knows how long, but it was well worth it. We grew to know Adam, our delivery boy quite well throughout the day. He was so sweet and just awesome…and also brought us complimentary mimosas!


{Of course I failed to take photos of the actual FOOD, jut the food under the tray. Smart, Beth.}





After dinning, we all grew to love different parts of their exquisite bathroom. Gina couldn’t believe how amazing the shower was, I fell in love with the big, cozy and amazing bathtub, and Jaime didn’t want to get out of the robe they provided for her. After we all were showered up, we headed a few blocks downtown to get our hair did at Ergün Tercan European Salon.





We each got paired with a stylist that completely understood our style and what we were looking for! We were able to sip and enjoy either mimosas, coffee, tea or all of the above while getting pampered.









Hotel Teatro sent a car and picked Gina and I up so we could run a few errands downtown then headed back to the hotel to get our makeup done. {This is the point during the day where my phone was put on the iPod speaker to play music, which explains why I have no more pictures of the afternoon. Enter sad face here.} Jaime was able to hire Cedric for our makeup, who {not to name drop} does make-up for The Denver Broncos cheerleaders, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera and the PRESIDENT! {Okay, I’m totally name dropping. You would too if someone touched Obama yo’momma’s face then yours. Deal wit’it.} Liz, Ryan’s mom, had ordered up some bottled waterand some munchies for us all so we could keep food in our tummies all day long. I loved this part of the day, too because it was just us girls lounging around, giggling and getting ready for a few hours before the limo picked us up and dropped us off at the church.

After pictures, before the ceremony, ceremony, reception and brunch stories to come…….
xo







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment