Saturday, March 26, 2011

Like mother, like daughter.





My mom has been eating this for breakfast since I was knee-high to a grasshopper (My Grandpa taught me that saying this past summer and I try to use it whenever I can. He also taught me one about a cat on a hot tin roof, but I haven't totally mastered that one yet). She has a very specific way of eating this and I used to tease her about it, but now it tooooootally makes sense.

Eat half of the piece of toast with butter, the entire jelly piece, then the rest of the butter piece. You don't want to end your breakfast with a sweet tummy! At least in the Summerfield house you don't.

I text her this photo and she text back saying we can make freezer strawberry jam when she comes to visit in May! That makes me a happy grill. (My little cousin Caitlyn had a hard time saying "girl" growing up, so she would say "grill" instead.) Wow look at all the family stories you guys got in one post! I'll quiz you tomorrow.

Love you, ma!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment