Friday, December 9, 2011

iPhone? What's that?

Sometimes the best of nights don’t involve a tv, a cell phone, or really any electronics of any sort. And last night was one of those nights.

I had a more crazed day at work than expected, and had to run around town after work, home to pack and get ready for a shoot, so by the time I got to Hunter’s I looked like the crazy bag lady with 3 bags hanging off me, a 6 pack of empty beer bottles and a headache the size of Texas. I immediately just dumped all my bags in his room and paid no mind to them for the better part of 4 hours…and I was a-ok with that. He already had dinner finished: chicken + petso + basil + roasted garlic + roasted red pepper + kalamata olives & caper pasta with fresh baked bread. I think I told him 3,982 how absolutely amazing it was. He also happened to pick up a fresh growler of my favorite Fat Tire beer, 1554, when he stopped through Ft. Collins on his way home from Wyoming yesterday. It’s pretty safe to say I really didn’t have a care in the world. After that we played a few rounds of our (read: my) favorite card game, Golf and introduced his roommate to it, too. Lots of laughing. Lots of yelling. Lots of fun.

I could have taken pictures of my cute boyfriend cooking in his pj’s, or the growler of beer. The delightful dinner. Hunter and Mark picking on each other while playing cards….but honestly? It was the furthest thing from my mind last night and just felt good to be present and in the moment. I think I’ll have a lot more nights like those from now on…


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment