Monday, February 6, 2012

Thank you card:

Dear Snow,

Though you've probably caused some Coloradian's much disgust and frustrations over the past few days, I just wanted to take a minute to thank you.

Thank you for giving us all here in the 303/720 enough heads up so we could stock up on food and coffee right before your arrival. Thank you for coating the roads juuuuuust enough to make it questionable to drive on, therefore closing work on Friday. I had the greatest day tucked away in my tiny attic apartment, cuddling my cat, drinking coffee for days, enjoying some laid back tunes and getting work done. Be it work work, freelance work, or fun work - I had time for it all. Thank you for allowing me to snuggle up with my boi EXTRA tight to stay warm, and for giving me an excuse to wear my favorite winter har of his all day Saturday. Thank you for not only providing the opportunity for said boi to spend some time helping get a stranger unstuck on his street, but also for the 45 minute snowball fight that took place in their front yard. It was hilarious to watch those two playing around and telling stories of sledding, fort building and snowball throwing dating back to kindergarten. Thank you for putting enough snow surrounding Mary's car so we had the chance to go and get her unstuck. Even if it was for a few minutes, I'll never pass up an opportunity for a quick hug and giggle with my Mary. Thanks for letting Hunt and I think we had enough motivation to go sledding, when really we made a phenomenal dinner and cuddled up to watched a movie. Thank you for letting the temps be slightly cold enough that after my morning workout today, I had no desire to leave my apartment, rather spent hours working on my daunting to-do list. I can't even tell you how much I got accomplished today!

It really always is a joy getting to spend a weekend with you...though I've heard rumors of you coming back again {So soon, Snow?!} in the next 24 hours. Really, that's ok just so long as you don't mess up my flight into ND on Wed. Because if you do....I'll have to whoop some ass.

Fondly yours.
BAS.



























1 comment: