Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pro duck tive.

This weekend has been so unexpectedly productive, I don't even know what to do with myself!  After an amazingly fun dinner with Jaime and Ryan at Proto's Pizza (the word yum doesn't even begin to describe!) Friday night, we met Hunter and his roommate out for some beers and shuffleboard fun.  Saturday I hit up a few grocery stores, got in a killer workout, and went to Jon's for what I thought was going to be a leisurely unpacking party, but ended up that everyone had to cancel for one reason or another, so Jen, Jon and I tackled packing up the last bits of his duplex, loading and unloading to his house and unpacking it all.  7+ hours later, I drove as fast as I could to Hunter's where I had an amazzzzzzzzzzing grilled jalapeno, roasted tomato and avocado burger waiting for me!  With a yummy veggie packed salad and a beer of course.  I fell asleep within minutes of watching Moneyball, but Hunt and Mark seemed to really enjoy it.  Got up early this morning and got my car washed and detailed, home to clean clean clean before getting picked up by Hunt for a Red Rocks running, hiking, exploring adventure!  There was some points in the trail where I wished I had left a will at home, because I was sure that I was going to die right then and there, but my incredibly positive and aways encouraging boyfriend helped me keep going.  Little adventures like this are something that will sure be pretty regular in our future, I just know it.  Have I mentioned how much I love his adventurous spirit?  I sure do.  We scoped out a different area of town between here and Boulder where we want to try some of their trails, too!

Now you ask?  I need to jump through the shower to get ready for some guests tonight!  Tomorrow marks (not just my sister's birthday!) but the year anniversary of living in this apartment, so I'm doing what any normal adult would do and throw a 1 year anniversary party tonight!  Last year, the night before I moved, I had Jaime, Ryan, Mary and Ashley over to my new apartment for some pizza, beer and champagne...klass with a k, I tell you.  Klassy with a k.

I can't believe that it's ben 365 days since living in this apartment.  I can't believe how much growing I've done in this past year.  Growing into feeling comfortable in my own skin, and my decisions, family career, friends, most importantly, love.  Corny?  Probably, but 100% true.  I am so attached to this neighborhood, and my quirky attic apartment because of it all, too.

Before I get too sentimental, I need to scooch, but I'll be back tomorow with a super special post that is so near and dear to my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment