Wednesday, July 18, 2012

If you can't laugh at yourself...

...what can you laugh at?  I had a really great meeting with my boss yesterday.  As our department is slowly migrating, shifting and breaking up we talked about how well we function as a whole.  Being in a creative industry, you just have to accept the fact that deep down, we are all crazy on some level.  14 different levels of crazy can really add up to one big mess if not managed right.  Good thing we have one kick ass manager.  One thing that really stuck with me that Alex said was "The reason we all work so well together is we can all laugh at each other, but most importantly we can laugh at ourselves."  Just like many other groups of friends, family or office - we all have our good moments, our bad moments, and downright embarrassing moments { This would be the time I talk about my 2nd week of work, I was at a company summer party, went down a slide that caught and pulled down my shirt and bra., however, 5 years later and I'm still in total denial that ever happened, so therefore I will not be talking about it. } .  But like Alex said "At the end of the day, we can all break bread together, and that is what is most important."




This is a very old photo, and is missing half of our department, but this was also the day I was most proud to call myself the Production Department!



No comments:

Post a Comment