Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ahhh freakout!...potentially.

Do you ever feel like you are potentially on the verge of a freak-out?  Like, oh for example, thinking about how in the upcoming days, all of your possessions will be spread among 3 different residences.  You'll be living out of boxes for potentially the next month+.  How you have lists of freelance work, party planning, packing, cleaning, work events all while trying to balance friends, family and boyfriend?  While maintaining a gym schedule in addition to eating healthy and not slipping into the Fast Food Funk?  And when you actually take the time to write it all out, you start to feel your inner Jessie Spano tick?


Yeah.  Me too.

Here are a few methods of therapy I have found to kick that darn Jessie to the curb.

Something about sitting down to paint my nails is incredibly soothing to me.  Yeah, I have had 3 different colors on my nails than less than a week, but when I was feeling myself surrounded by packing, packing and more cleaning and an anxiety attack nearing - I'd just sit down with a glass of ice water and a bottle of polish, and sip and paint away.  Sounds silly, but works for me.


Forcing in some sweat time, even when you don't think you have the time or energy for it.  If it's a stroll around the block, run to the park, tennis date, or an hour gym session - my mind always seems more clear and realistic than it did before my workout.
hi mary!

Even on nights when I know I should be packing and I know I should be designing stepping away from that all for a home-cooked meal with my #1 crush can be JUST what the doctor ordered.


Lots of text time, and giggle time and face time with my favorite gurls....you can never go wrong.  Swapping sob stories, laughing at the hard times and knowing, just KNOWING you will get through it all with them by your side.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I get by with a little help from my friends!


What works for all you fancy readers?  You better believe this isn't the last of ahhh freakout! posts in the upcoming weeks, so any suggestion is welcomed and appreciated!





No comments:

Post a Comment