Sunday, July 3, 2011

I am so spoiled.

I mean seriously - this weekend has proven to me time, and time again that I really do have THE best of friends a girl could ever ask for.  Between the BBQ's, rando nights out, last minute dinners, jazz music + an open road + fireworks, I feel just so spoiled in love.

I just got home from one of the most generous dinner parties I've ever attended.  It was a king's crab, oyster, clam and crawfish boil and sweet jesus on high, I've never EVER seen that much food in one place. (Which says a lot because I've attended many a Fakesgayviging/ Día de los Muertos party which revolves strictly around food.)  Plus the couple of kegs, table of bourbon (It was the 10th annual Bourbon Bourbon, so a table full of it makes sense) and misc appetizers.  Sad to say, I don't love any sort of shellfish (though I tried every single thing there and still made the gross shellfish amateur "I'm eating WHAT?!" face), but I was like a kid in a candy store watching everyone crack open and enjoy the shellfish.

Anyway.  I'm sitting here at home, enjoying popcorn freshly popped on my stove top, texting my mommy who is sending me pix of my dad/uncles playing cards and I am 101% loving life.

That's really all I have to say.  Pictures to follow.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment