Friday, July 1, 2011

Tisk, tisk, tisk.

I know I'm due for a blog post, but my security blanket of hiding behind fun pictures has striped me naked. Why you ask?  Because my phone took a giant duke on me this morning and I had to start back from square one.  Which means no giant library gallery of rando photos, no mass amount of photo filter apps, no nothing.  Is Beth sad?  Beth is very, very sad.  In fact Beth just got sadder paging through her blog looking at all the fun memories realizing pictures are gone forever.

All day, in between pouting, I would randomly yell "What am I supposed to learn from this?!??!?!!?!!!"  And I came up with the following things:
1. Quit spending so much ding dang darn time on your phone, Beth Ann.  My contacts, pictures, applications being gone really, really shouldn't be as big of a deal to me as it is.  It's just a phone, Beth.  Just a phone.  I somehow have become that person who can't checkout at Michael's without having to use her phone to pull up a coupon, or who drives away from work watching the hundreds of people pour out of Coors Field and need to look on her phone to see if the Rockies won or not vs. look on the tv before you leave/simply ask somebody who was JUST at the game.  { Both of these examples happened within the last 24 hours, mind you. }  I need to detach something fierce.
2. Backup your files, backup your files, backup your files.  This one needs no explanation.
3. Use your digital camera more, Beth! { I talk a lot in 3rd person when I'm worked up over something, apparently. } And not just take photos....upload them to iPhoto, your blog, Facebook and even...gasp print them out!  I've gotten into the worst habit of just snapping pictures on the fly and leaving it at that.
4. When you take pictures with a purpose, follow through.  I can't even begin to count how many photos I had on my phone that I took with the intention of writing up a fun/silly blog post about.  Even my road trip to North Dakota never got documented in it's entirety.  Thankfully I DID use my digital camera on this trip, so I can still have some photos saved.
 
I keep saying "If this is the worst thing that happens to me all weekend, I'll totally take it."  And I really do mean that, because remember....it's just a phone, Beth.  It's just a phone.  { I guess I repeat myself a lot when I'm worked up over something, too. }

1 comment:

  1. "Just a simple phone with calling and texting." ILY

    ReplyDelete