Thursday, July 7, 2011

Promise is a promise.

Mary and I got into a wee bit of a tiff this afternoon, and though I promised her I wouldn't speak of it again (I won), I didn't promise her I wouldn't blog of it again.

{ How the argument began. }

Beth: it's 7.7.11 today!
i wonder if 7 11's business has increased today
 
maryidaolson: no
GOLLY GEE
 
Beth: no?!
 
maryidaolson: what an interesting inquirty!
 
Beth: how can you say no?
 
Beth: do you get their reciepts directly to your inpox?
 
maryidaolson: you're probably the first person who thought of today's date as significant
 
Beth: are you stoned?
 
maryidaolson: me?!
you are.
literally
 
Beth: you think i am the only person who has thought of the 7-11 parallel?
 
maryidaolson: i think people think of it MAYBE every july 11th
but
7-11-11 isn't impressive
 
Beth: it's july 7th of 2011
omg i'm going to kill you
 
maryidaolson: or
 
Beth: 7-7-11
 
maryidaolson: whatever the date is
IT'S 7-7-2011
let's go to 7-11!
and party
LOL
omg
 
Beth: i hate you.
 
maryidaolson: i just pictured you
taking photos
and blogging
I'm sure you all know what day it is!
it's july 7th, 2011
i'm teasing
sorry
i'm done
 
Beth: too late b!tch
check your email
 
{ The email went out to 5 random people in my office. }
 
From: Summerfield, Beth
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:01 PM
To: Ure, Eric; Weston, Sarah; Lavender, Andy; Bliley, David; Gorman, Coriander
Cc: Mary Olson
Subject: Random poll.

What does today’s date remind you of?
7-7-11
 
{ Responses. }
 
From: Ure, Eric
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:17 PM
To: Summerfield, Beth
Subject: RE: Random poll.

The convenience store? Craps?

What are the other responses?

From: Gorman, Coriander
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:18 PM
To: Summerfield, Beth
Subject: RE: Random poll.

7-11!  haha

From: Lavender, Andy
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:25 PM
To: Summerfield, Beth
Subject: RE: Random poll.

Absolutely nothing. Primary numbers, maybe.






















I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment