Saturday, June 30, 2012

{ two weeks ago at this time 6.16.12 }

:: Saturday, June 16th :: 

We had an early morning wake up call to see off Hunter's dad on Saturday morning.  It was so bittersweet saying bye to him - I really wasn't ready for him to leave, but him leaving also meant Hunter and my adventure was just beginning!  Hunter had 2 friends who also happened to be in Seattle that weekend, so after lazing around the hotel for a while - we walked downtown and met them for brunch!




We did end up at Bacco again and enjoyed more fresh seafood, more coffee and more Bloody Mary's. 


{ this would be the time where I should talk about how I spilled my Bloody Mary all. over. my crab croissant brunch, but I'm denying it ever happened so therefore I won't talk about it. } After brunch, we strolled along Pikes Place, the water front, visited the ferries, and did a little shopping.  After we bid these two adieu, I told Hunter how the morning felt so very much as if both of us couples lived in Seattle and called each other up saying "HEY! Let's brunch Friday morning!"  I loved it.  

It was time for us to catch our 12:30p ferry to Baimbridge, so we had to say bye to Seattle and thank it 100 times over for the wonderful memories and great times.  Okay - maybe I was the only one who had an out loud letter of thanks to Seattle { and later to each and every campsite we visited. }, but I can't just leave a place without reflecting on how much fun we had there.


I swear Hunter and I were not destined to have a good photograph on our ferry ride over.  We had to ask 3 people to take 3 different pictures for us, and the one above was the best that it got.  The original photograph was too dark to edit with the same filters as the other ones in these series Don't think for a second that my inner OCD of a graphic designer isn't coming out and freaking out about the change in filter.  It took me about 12 hours to come to terms with this.  




We had such a yummy lunch once in Baimbridge and so much fun.  Even though we only visited a little teeny corner of this town, I could for shore { bwhahahaa get it?  Sure/Shore.  Because it's on the shore.  LAUGH. }  picture living there!


I love the above photo, because this is how we mapped out our trip.  On a napkin.  Does it get any better than that?  Nooooooope.  Though we ended up organically finding our campsites and didn't actually visit any of the ones above - it is still fun for me to see this picture.  


This photo falls under my top 3 favorite pictures taken of the trip.  It sums us/the trip up perfectly.  We got everywhere with that road atlas, and always hand in hand.  ::swoon::


Driving through Washington and most of Oregon, there were these vibrant yellow wildflowers alongside the roads.  They added such a great pop of color to our days! 

And now, I present to you our first home of the trip!


I really loved this campsite.  Though it ended up being the busiest campsite we had of the trip { read: lots of screaming kids } a mere 15 steps away was....

.
..
.
.
.
..
...
.
.
.
......
.
wait for it
.
.
.
...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

This.


Enter in the classic line of  "These pictures don't even do it justice!" but fur realz, these pictures don't even do it justice.  We couldn't believe it when we walked through our little tree hallway and stumbled upon this view.  If you look in the top picture, where the clouds meet the water is actually Victoria Canada! At risk of sounding dramatic - the view was one of the best I'd ever seen.  As farrrrrrr left, right and straight as you could see...........water.  Water, water, water.  Once the clouds split and started drifting, you could really see the land of Canada a little bit better.  Then once the sun started to set - it looked like Canada was glowing.  No joke.  We have way better pix of this from the Mack Daddy Camera....so stay tuned.



We cooked ourselves up a littlemMediterranean curry couscous, which we ate in our living room { where the above water photos were taken, there was a bench overlooking it all. }  We sat there with our dinner, and then later watching the sunset.  We called it our "living room", and got awfully offended when people would ride their bikes through our living room - and even worse yet?  TAKE PICTURES of our living room.

How rude.



Sheesh.


; >









No comments:

Post a Comment