Monday, August 29, 2011

*Catch up!

The summers growing up with my parents consisted of two things: Watering the plants, and coffee on the patio. Morning, noon and night we'd find a way to use our back patio. (Well, for 4 months out of the year when there was no snow, that is.) One staple meal we would have for breakfast, for lunch, and for dinner on said patio is tomato sandwiches.


Oh so simple, yet what my childhood was built of. Toast, mayo, salt and (THE most important part) a fresh garden tomato.


Sure you can have tomato sandwiches anytime of the year, but I swear to you, they don't taste nearly as good without a freshly picked, still warm from the sun, garden tomato.


I can't believe its days away from September and I am just now having my first of the summer! My sweet friend Sara gave me a basket of freshly picked veggies from her garden for my day of birth, including not only cherry tomatoes, but heirloom tomatoes and your staple romas. I knew this was the most opportune moment to make my first tomato sandy of 2011.


Come to momma.

*The blog subject is the punchline of my favorite joke my boss ever made up. If you care to hear the rest, ask me. But you have to promise to laugh when I say the punch line given away above.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment