Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Confuzzled.

Since living in my new apartment, I've woken up in the middle of the night/early morning and been confused by the most random things.  Most of these things include waking up and staring at the outline of the little cut out my bed is in, thinking it's a big black movie screen and being afraid that I fell asleep at the movie theatre.  Another one (which is actually quite scary) includes hearing the fire trucks go by (which happens very, very often) and thinking I got in an accident and the lights outside my window are hoovering around me.  But this morning, the weirdest one, bar none, occurred:

I woke up, looked outside my window and thought I was in a cartoon.

I know it's the weirdest thing, and you'd think after all the above examples have happened I'd get a clue that none of it is real when I wake up confused.  But honestly, the way the sun was rising and casting shadows on the trees outside my window had me peering down the road waiting for Road Runner to come zooming past.  I believe it was a combination of Benadryl taken before bed, my eyes not focusing properly, and the funky chemicals that were lingering in my body from a dr. appt earlier that morning.

You can judge me if you'd like, but none of this compares to the time I was sleeping at Chad's and he BOLTS up out of bed, screaming at the top of his lungs for some people that only he could see to get the #!%$ out of his room.  If you care to hear more, ask me for the story.  It's a good one, and something I will never let him live down.

Now I feel like watching cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment