Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Comedian? Or Chiropractor?

I've been seeing a chiropractor once a week in yet another attempt to figure out what is going on with my knees/back and to make everything thats wrong with them, right.  At my appointment yesterday he gave me a little checklist to work on outside of stretches to help my healing process. Most were what you would expect...more water and sleep, less refined sugars, working on meditation/stress management etc. However, there was one that after reading I had to pinch myself so I wouldn't bust up laughing in his office.

Eat more vegetables.

Ummm...ok. Lets go through the list of vegetables in our fridge at the current moment and see where exactly there is room for improvement:

2 Spinach
2 Giant Rainbow Chard
Kale
Red Leaf Lettuce
Cabbage 
Basil
Cilantro 
Celery
Cauliflower 
Broccoli 
2 Packages of Carrots
2 Onions
Scallions 
3 JalapeƱos
2 Red Peppers 
Heirloom Cheery Tomatoes
Beets
Cremini Mushrooms
3 Zucchini
Snap Peas 
Yellow Wax Beans
Fresh Dill
Yellow Summer Squash
4 Cucumbers
Garlic

While we are at it, a round up of our current fruits on hand:

Purple Grapes
Blueberries
Raspberries
Blackberries 
Cantaloupe
3 Lemons
3 Green Apples
3 Red Apples 
2 Mandarins
2 Apricots
2 Yellow Peaches 
3 Pluots
3 Pears
Ginger
Bananas

So, do tell me Dr Dave. Where exactly do you envision more vegetables into my diet?
Sincerely, Beggie. 






No comments:

Post a Comment